Friday, November 19, 2010

How Long Can You Live As An Anorexic

Antéchrista: Stooges and expertise

I discovered the novels of Amelie Nothomb with The Catiline Orations and Hygiene de l'assassin ago dozen years. His writing is so easy to read, simple and rich vocabulary of a little-used, deceived me instantly. It guides the reader in the fictions where women are ambivalent friendship, tinged with perversion, where the characters have conflicting reports about their bodies, love and often food.

The recipe is always the same, or almost, and yet each new novel taste is subtly different. I know I'll love his books because the elements that attracted me the first time are still there. I know I'll be surprised by a story, a narrative perspective, a choice of innovative point of view.
Reading is easy, fast and funny. Yet it affects me, reminds me of Malaysian teenagers who still cling to my skirts, and when I close the book, inevitably, a few hours or days later, my guts shake and my brain shakes. The echo of reading with me a long time ...


Antéchrista explores this strange relationship that is established between a popular girl sometimes and another timid and not very blessed by nature: that which serves to argue for a creature that shines forth alone.
Nothomb located on the side of the victim consented, White, a teenager of 16 years ago at university. Erased, almost invisible she's attracted by the aura of light that Christa is the same age. Soon, it interferes in the lives of White, moves in with parents and manipulates hearts. But as in any relationship-dominated dominant one who holds the real power and those who accept the authority ... The novel

undertaker with a biting irony the life of a smart and cynical teenager adapts well to his loneliness and his neuroses. The interruption of Christ in her life reveals that its aspirations changes are only illusions.
Knowing Nothomb's work, one quickly realizes the place of history, however, this does not detract from the pleasure of reading. Especially when there is even one day was inappropriate in his class!

I want to thank my mom for mustaches kindly lent me Antéchrista and A form of life, the last novel published in Nothomb. I just attacking the other reading of the latter which will be shortly reviewed here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment